Some perennials, like delphiniums, yarrow, day lillies and blanket flower will often bloom a second time in the fall, if they’re dead-headed and pruned down after the first blooming.
Come on in and talk to our ‘Perennial Princess’, Pat for more advice on how to keep your flower beds looking the best all season.
Here are six basic perennials that every flower bed should have to provide colour from spring to fall:
- Tall Bearded Iris and Peonies, flowering May to June
- Oriental Poppy and Delphiniums, flowering in June and July
- Daylily, flowering in July and August
- Tall Phlox, flowering in August and September
- Delphiniums, re-flowering in September