Here’s some information on caring for the most popular seasonal flowers.
- When purchasing a poinsettia, choose a plant with thoroughly coloured and expanded bracts. (Bracts are the coloured portions of the plant, while the
actual flowers are the yellow centers).
- Place in indirect sunlight for at least six hours per day. Keep plant out of cold drafts or excessive heat.
- Water your plant when the soil feels dry to the touch. Don’t over water it, or allow it to sit in standing water. Always remove a plant from any
decorative container before watering, and allow the water to drain completely.
- Fertilize your plant only after it’s done blooming with a balanced, all-purpose fertilizer.
· Keep in a relatively cool location, about 15 to 18°C during the day, and ideally 12 to 15°C at night. The flowers and leaves will fade quickly in an
- The best exposure is bright filtered light, or partial shade, often found on the north side of the house.
- Cyclamen require regular moisture, but overly soggy soil will suffocate the roots and cause the leaves to yellow.
- Water from the bottom by soaking the plant for about 10 minutes. If the plant is allowed to dry out, it will wilt quickly with leaves and flowers
bending over the sides of the pot. Put pot in a bowl with 3”of luke-warm water and let soak for 5 minutes. Repeat every three days.
- Keep moist
- Place in an area with light, but not direct sunlight
- Keep moist
- Keep out of direct sunlight at room temperature